How to Screen Clients in a Substance Abuse Program for Compulsive Gambling
1. Participants will learn about the South Oaks Gambling Screen (SOGS), the Gamblers Anonymous 20 questions and the Lie/Bet Screening.
2. Participants will learn how to score these screening tools.
3. Participants will learn what scores on these screening tools would indicate referral for further assessment.
4. Participants will learn characteristics of those with a gambling problem and how this compares to those with substance abuse.
5. Participants will learn a harm reduction technique to use with gamblers to increase their motivation for change and that is easily transferable for use with those with substance abuse.
6. Other interventions will be taught as time
7. Participants will learn about three low to no cost services that are offered in the Omaha community for gambling assessment and treatment.
8. As time allows participants will learn some basic information about gambling addicts and their family members to improve their ability to screen for
compulsive gambling/pathological gambling.
Please call to register, space is limited.
(Gina Fricke 402-515-7412)
Day: November 9, 2012
Time: 9 am to 12 pm, registration begins at 8:45 am
Location: Inroads to Recovery, 2808 North 75th St. Suite H, Omaha, NE 68134
CEU: 3 CEUs offered for LMHP, LCSW, LADC (LADC
approval number 12.114)