1 Free CEU for LADC (Approved by the State of Nebraska Licensure Unit)
"How to Screen Clients in a Substance Abuse Program for Compulsive Gambling"
Program Content, Objectives
Program Content: Participants will learn about tools that are frequently used to screen for compulsive gambling/pathological gambling. They will learn how to use these tools, how to score them and when referral would be necessary. They will learn about resources in the community for low to no cost gambling evaluations and treatment.
1. Participants will learn about the South Oaks Gambling Screen (SOGS), the Gamblers Anonymous 20 questions and the Lie/Bet Screening.
2. Participants will learn how to score these screening tools.
3. Participants will learn what scores on these screening tools would indicate referral for further assessment.
4. Participants will learn about three low to no cost services that are offered in the Omaha community for gambling assessment and treatment.
5. As time allows participants will learn some basic information about gambling addicts and their family members to improve their ability to screen for compulsive gambling/pathological gambling.
Please call to register, space is limited.
Day: March 10, 2010
Time: 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Location: ENCAP 2406 Fowler Ave, Omaha, NE
CEU: 1 CEU offered for LADC
Peace and Power Counseling LLC
6901 Dodge Street, Suite 101
Omaha, NE 68132